I did it. I worked fashion week. What a dream come true!
I purchased a ticket, hopped on a bus labeled NYC as its destination, caught the train to 55 West 17th Street, walked right into heaven at Manufacture New York building and introduced myself as Candace Woods. I did, however, manage to get lost while traveling a few blocks.
Now that I have finally come down from my high, I can write about the seven things I learned during this unforgettable experience.
- Comfort is cool but you must be stylish while on the clock
- You must network and know how to properly introduce yourself
- Have business cards ready and actually hand them out
- Bring a cute change of clothes in case you go to a party later
- Always be prepared for a turn of events
- Learn as much as you can from the designers and fashion veterans. Follow them around without being weird
- Bring snacks! You will work up an appetite
It was just an amazing experience that I hope I can re-live in September. Let’s keep our fingers crossed.